Sod installation, along with many other Colorado Springs landscaping services, can fully transform your yard or outdoor space; giving you a lush, green lawn without the hassle of growing grass from seed.
And Vanta Outdoors’ is here to make that process even easier.
What Is Sod In Colorado Springs?
Sod, which some people refer to as turf, is the upper layer of soil where grass grows.
You can purchase rolls of sod for your back or front yard, which, once installed, will give you an instant green lawn without having to use harsh chemicals or fertilizers.
If you’ve ever tried to grow grass from seed, then you’ll know that it isn’t the easiest task and can take weeks, if not months, to grow into a level, thick, and even lawn.
New sod, however, ensures a healthy lawn from the second its installed, producing turf that adds the finishing touches to your property and landscaping.
After your sod is installed, however, you will have to wait a couple of weeks for the grass roots to establish themselves, but even though you can’t walk directly on new sod, you can appreciate its beauty almost instantly.
Benefits Of Sod In The Colorado Springs Area
An instant lush, green lawn isn’t the only benefit of Colorado Springs sod, as sod can actually help with reducing heat, filtering the air, and improving your home’s curb appeal.
Sod Installation Colorado Springs Reduces Heat
Did you know that on hot summer days, which Colorado Springs sees plenty of, a green lawn will be 30 degrees cooler than asphalt?
It’s even 15 degrees cooler than bare soil!
Laying sod in both your front and back yard can create a cooling effect while also simultaneously absorbing carbon dioxide and releasing life-sustaining oxygen back into the environment.
Adds Value to Your Home
Landscaped yards, in general, add significant value to your property.
In some cases, property values have increased by 15% just by having a well-designed and maintained front and back yard.
Sod Uses Less Water To Grow
When growing grass from scratch, you’ll need to regularly water and fertilize your soil to ensure your seeds have everything they need to grow successfully.
Sod, however, requires far less maintenance and water, making it ideal for the Colorado Springs, CO area and its limited water supplies.
Now, if you want to remove the need for water almost entirely, you should absolutely look into artificial turf in Colorado Springs.
Sod Colorado Springs lawns filter dirt and dust from the environment, ensuring that the air coming into your home is clean, fresh, and full of oxygen.
Our Sod Installation Process
The good thing about laying sod is that it’s an extremely straightforward process that can be completed in a matter of hours.
Yes, you heard that right!
Colorado Springs sod installation means that you can have a fresh, green lawn just a couple of hours after our professional Vanta Outdoors team steps foot in your yard.
If you’re curious about our sod installation services and the sod installation process itself, here is a step-by-step guide on what you can expect:
- Step 1: After an initial consultation, taking into consideration your land, its elevation, its sun exposure, and how much traffic your sod will see, Vanta Outdoors will help you select the right sod for your particular yard.
- Step 2: Before we lay sod, our team will tear up any existing sod, remove weeds, and fill in any holes before loosening the top soil to increase light and airflow.
- Step 3: Once we’ve properly prepped your yard’s soil, we will install your sod throughout your yard, ensuring that there are minimal seams to give you an immaculate and natural-looking finish.
- Step 4: After the last of the sod is properly installed, our team will clean up your yard so you can enjoy your fresh new lawn!
Different Types Of Colorado Springs Sod
You’ve probably never thought too much about grass.
I mean, why would you? But the grass family actually has over 11,500 accepted species, all of which react differently to various environmental factors.
In Colorado Springs, CO, there are a few popular grass varieties, with the following being top choices:
- Bluegrass: Many homes throughout Colorado will be growing bluegrass as its hardy, dense, and it can recover rapidly after a prolonged drought.
- Tall Fescue: Tall fescue develops deep roots meaning it can access moisture that other grass species can not. Tolerant of shade and salty soils, tall fescue grows relatively quickly.
- Fine Fescue: Fine fescue has a few different species—all of which, however, are usually drought-tolerant. Able to adapt to poor soil conditions, salt, and shade, fine fescue is a great grass choice for yards with low traffic.
- Blue Grama: A warm-season Colorado native grass that can stay green for weeks without water or maintenance.
Sod Installation Services Colorado Springs, CO
Vanta Outdoors’ sod installation services in the Colorado Springs, CO area can help you transform your front or back yard to create the lawn of your dreams.
Be sure to give us a call so we can give you all the information you need about the sod installation Colorado Springs process.