Hardscapes really tie your outdoor space together and can be incorporated just about anywhere.
From patios and retaining walls to fences and built-in furniture, there is a hardscape option to suit all yard styles, sizes and preferences.
What Is Hardscape Colorado Springs?
Hardscapes are non-living, man-made elements of landscaping that are both decorative and practical.
And with that said, when it comes to landscaping services, there are two major categories: hardscaping and softscaping.
Softscaping refers to living things like plants, trees, and grass; whereas hardscaping covers elements like brick patios, stone walls or walkways.
Both hardscapes and softscapes play a huge role in landscaping and work to complement one another to produce seamless and elegant outdoor living spaces.
The Benefits Of Colorado Hardscapes
There are so many great benefits that come with Colorado hardscapes as they’re more than just nice features to look at. We will admit that that is one of the biggest perks.
Here are some of the incredible benefits of installing hardscape features into your outdoor living space in Colorado Springs.
Expands Your Outdoor Living Space
Installing a hardscape in your yard can create functional outdoor spaces with indoor amenities.
For example, if you’ve dreamed of having an outdoor kitchen or a cozy fire pit, hardscaping can make that happen.
Thereby expanding your home and creating the perfect area for entertaining guests.
A Hardscape In Colorado Increases Your Property Value
Quality hardscaping provides curb appeal and boosts your property’s overall value.
And we know that investing money into your yard is a big step, but the return you get out of it will be well worth it in the future.
Did you know that over 80% of buyers look for homes with functional outdoor living spaces?
Can Define Spaces In Your Yard
Another benefit of hardscapes is the fact that they define spaces in your yard.
So no matter how big your yard actually is, you can create visual and physical borders that give the space more character and definition.
They Add Beauty And Dimension
Is your yard looking a bit “bleh”?
Well, adding hardscaping textures like natural stone or installing a tiered patio or raised flower beds can take your once flat and somewhat boring yard into an interesting outdoor space that you can enjoy year-round.
Oh, the wonders of landscaping design!
The Colorado Springs area sees pretty cold winters, and for the most part, your yard would be off-limits until spring makes an appearance.
By installing features like a fire pit or a fireplace, however, you can use your yard even in the winter months, extending its usability to all four seasons.
Colorado Springs Hardscape Construction Can Fix Grade Issues
Uneven and sloping yards are a common occurrence in houses all over Colorado Springs, but by installing hardscaping features like retaining walls or stairs in your yard, you can make the space functional while also preventing erosion through strategically placed stone or concrete barriers.
Offer Shade And Privacy
Whether you want to create shaded areas or add a level of privacy to your yard, hardscapes are a fantastic way to do so.
Pergolas, brick walls, trellises, and covered patios, for example, reduce sun glare while also blocking the view of your yard and property.
Hardscapes Reduce Maintenance
Although beautifully manicured lawns and plants are nice to look at, they are awfully hard to maintain.
So by adding hardscaping to your outdoor space, you’re cutting down – if not eliminating – the time you’d spend on watering, mowing, trimming, and weeding.
A Colorado Hardscape Saves Water
The final huge benefit that comes with hardscaping is the fact that it is sustainable.
Plants, lawns, and trees all require water, and as Colorado Springs has a limited water source, cutting down on the amount of water you use to maintain your yard lessens your impact on the environment while reducing your water bill in the process.
If you want to reduce your water consumption even more, you should absolutely look into our Colorado Springs xeriscaping services.
Types Of Colorado Hardscapes
With so many different hardscape options out there, you can completely transform your yard into a beautiful, cohesive space that encourages you to spend more time outdoors.
Below are a few ways you can add hardscaping to your landscape design:
- Driveways: Driveways ultimately provide you with an area to park your car, but they’re also one of the first things someone sees when they look at your house. Having a beautiful driveway can make all the difference to your property’s curbside appeal.
- Walkways: Walkways allow you to access different parts of your yard without you having to get your feet dirty. Typically made from stone, gravel, or concrete pavers, walkways can also help you map out and define your yard.
- Fountains: Water features like foundations can add a luxe feel to your yard by providing it with a natural focal point.
- Fences: Fences provide your outdoor space with a level of privacy and security, shutting off your property from neighbors and passersby.
- Retaining Walls: A retaining wall isn’t just aesthetically pleasing because it also prevents erosion and draws boundaries. You can also double them up as a seating area or a raised planter!
- Decks and Patios: Decks and patios extend your outdoor living space, making room for tables, chairs, and other outdoor furniture.
- Stairs: Yards with steep slopes can benefit from stairs and landings.
- Built-In Furniture: Hardscaping can create built-in furniture like fire pits and seating areas to, again, extend your outdoor space.
- Pergolas & Gazebos: Pergolas and gazebos are forms of hardscaping that provide shade and shelter, making them perfect for outdoor gatherings.
Our Hardscaping Installation Process In Colorado Springs, CO
As a Colorado hardscape company, our team at Vanta Outdoors can walk you through the entire hardscape construction and design process.
Whether you’re looking to build your landscaped yard completely from scratch or add in new hardscaping features that complement your existing outdoor space, we can help you with all of your Colorado Springs hardscape construction needs.