Irrigation systems, or sprinkler systems, if you prefer – really take the hassle out of watering your yard.
We think it goes without saying that there just aren’t enough hours in the day, which is why a sprinkler system really comes in handy for those who want to keep their lawns and plants looking and feeling their best.
What Is Irrigation Colorado Springs?
An irrigation system, or sprinkler system, is a way to pump water into and through the soil through a series of tubes, pumps, and sprays.
Installing an irrigation system in your front or back yard allows you to deposit controlled amounts of water at intervals throughout the day to give your Colorado Springs landscape the life-sustaining hydration they need to grow and thrive.
Benefits Of A Colorado Springs Irrigation System
Although one of the biggest benefits of investing in irrigation services in Colorado Springs is saving time that you would typically waste watering your lawn, there are a few other perks that come with these systems that we’d like to inform you of.
Sprinkler systems, especially drip irrigation systems, actually save water as they only distribute the amount your grass and plants actually need.
And with saving water also comes the secondary effect of saving money as your water bills will be reduced significantly.
In addition to all the savings a sprinkler system gives you, it will also increase your property value if it is well-designed and properly installed.
Some systems, like a drip irrigation system, will even reduce weeds and fungus while preserving valuable nutrients in your soil!
With all of that said, if water conservation is your number one goal, a Colorado Springs xeriscape is definitely your best option!
Our Irrigation Colorado Springs Installation Service
One of the best ways to ensure a beautiful lawn, and hydrated plants in the process, is by investing in sprinkler installation.
Irrigation installation provides a consistent and controlled supply of water to your yard.
And the best part? Our team at Vanta Outdoors’ can make that happen for you!
By digging trenches and installing the necessary equipment needed for the system to work, we can have your system up and running in just a few days.
Components Of An Irrigation System In Colorado Springs
There are 11 main components to a Colorado Springs irrigation system that come together to supply your landscaping with regulated amounts of water:
- Water Source: One of the most important factors of a sprinkler system is a water source, as without water, sprinkler systems are redundant. Your water source could be the local water supply, a well, or a pump.
- Valve Box: The valve box sits underground and acts as a home for all the necessary valves that control the sprinkler system.
- Control Valves: Hooked up to your valve box will be control valves that limit the flow of water through the sprinkler system. You will have several valves that operate different parts of your yard, and these valves will also be hooked up to timers.
- Timer: The timer in your system will control when the valves open and close, allowing water to flow into the pipes.
- Master Valve: If you ever experience sprinkler system issues, the master valve will stop the flow of water to prevent any water from being wasted.
- Shut-off Valve: Your shut-off valve—which is usually in an area that is safe from freezing temperatures—stops the water flow to your sprinklers, allowing you to turn them off in winter or if you need to enter your yard without getting soaked when the sprinklers are on.
- Water Pump: The water pump moves water from your water source to your sprinklers while also ensuring that the water pressure is at a certain level.
- Water Meter: A water meter will measure the amount of water in each section of your yard.
- Backflow Preventer: The backflow preventer of an irrigation system prevents your sprinkler water from making its way into your drinking water. If the pressure in your system is higher than the water supply, backflow can occur, so a backflow preventer prevents it.
- Pipes & Risers: Underground horizontal pipes and risers carry water from your water supply to your sprinkler heads.
- Sprinkler Heads: Sprinkler heads are what your system’s water will come out of to hydrate your plants and lawn.
Sprinkler Repair Colorado Springs, CO
Aside from our installation irrigation services in Colorado Springs, Vanta Outdoors’ also offers sprinkler repairs to fix any problems that your system may be experiencing.
Ready To Transform Your Outdoor Space or Request Irrigation Services?
Whether you need someone to check if your system is functioning or if you know that a repair is necessary, our sprinkler repair Colorado Springs service provider can take a look and return it to its former glory.
Our Sprinkler Blowout Colorado Springs Service
As Colorado Springs sees freezing temperatures throughout winter, it is important that you blow out your sprinklers.
A sprinkler blowout, if you didn’t know, is where you push pressurized air through the system pipes, expelling all remaining water to prevent freezing, corrosion and rot.
And don’t worry if you’re absolutely clueless on how to properly blowout your sprinklers because our sprinkler blowout Colorado Springs service does the hard work for you and ensures your pipes are ready for winter.
Therefore preventing the need for future repairs or a new system entirely.
Irrigation Service Company In Colorado Springs
As a sprinkler company in Colorado Springs, we have made it our mission to provide lawns, plants, and landscaping throughout the area with the consistent water supply they so desperately need.
Whether you need sprinkler installation services, sprinkler repairs, or just a Colorado Springs sprinkler blowout before the winter cold sets in, Vanta Outdoors’ and our dedicated team would be more than happy to help.
So give us a call using the phone number listed at the top of this page.