You’ve just spent money landscaping your yard, but you can only enjoy the fruits of your labor during daylight hours.
That is until you install landscape lighting (or outdoor lighting).
Outdoor lighting is a great way to show off your back or front yard at night, highlighting your house and extending your outdoor gatherings well into the evening.
Vanta Outdoors and our extremely knowledgeable landscapers can add accent lighting to your outdoor space to spotlight planted areas, walkways, water features, and other architecture.
So whether you’re looking to add outdoor lighting options to your existing landscaping or you want to redesign your entire front or back yard, we can transform your outdoor area into a functional, elegant, and illuminated space.
What Is Landscape Lighting In Colorado Springs?
Landscape lighting is an outdoor illumination system that shines a spotlight on landscaping features.
Installing outdoor lighting in your yard improves the functionality and aesthetic of your outdoor space while also adding a new level of safety and security to your overall property.
Although you can purchase solar-powered LED landscape lighting that you simply stake in the ground, this type of lighting is inconsistent, weak, and requires the power of the sun for them to actually work.
Low-voltage landscape lights, on the other hand, are powered through a transformer which brings the voltage down to 12 volts and leaves you with bright outdoor lighting that you can control and rely on.
The Benefits Of Outdoor Lighting In Colorado Springs, CO
Hearing the benefits that come with landscape lighting Colorado Springs will almost make you wish that you chose to install a lighting system sooner.
From extending your outdoor living space to increasing your property’s overall value, here are four major advantages that come with landscape lighting.
Increases Curb Appeal
Landscape lighting, and other forms of landscaping, can increase your property’s value and its curb appeal.
Outdoor lighting highlights your landscape’s best attributes, and as 90% of potential home buyers list outdoor lighting as desirable or essential, you’re improving your chances of a higher resale value.
Also, if curb appeal through lighting really appeals to you, make sure you look into our Colorado Springs Christmas light installation when the holidays come around.
Adds Security And Safety To Your Home
Outdoor lighting Colorado Springs, in addition to fence installation, also adds safety and security to your home.
First off, installing spotlights near stairs or water features decreases the likelihood of accidental falls.
And secondly, lighting deters potential intruders, as studies have shown that brightly lit homes are less likely to experience crime.
Expands Your Outdoor Living Space
Installing lighting is a great way to increase the functionality of your yard, because when the space is properly lit, you can use it well after sundown.
Whether you illuminate gazebos, seating areas, or patios, you can entertain in and enjoy your yard all throughout the day.
It Highlights Your Yard’s Landscaping
One of the most obvious advantages of outdoor lighting is the fact that it highlights your property’s landscaping and your home in general.
By strategically placing lights throughout your yard, you can shine a spotlight on its best features drawing attention to the areas you’re most proud of.
The Outdoor Lighting Colorado Springs Installation Process
Our landscape lighting Colorado Springs, CO installation process will differ slightly spending on if you’re adding lighting to your existing landscape design or starting off from scratch, but here is a rough step-by-step guide on how we go about illuminating your yard:
- Step 1: The very first step of outdoor lighting installation is mapping out the design of your yard and where exactly you want the lighting elements to be. We will also take into consideration any existing cable or irrigation lines.
- Step 2: We will mark a clear path through your yard where we will eventually run the lighting wires.
- Step 3: Step three requires us to mount your low-voltage transformer.
- Step 4: Next, we will dig trenches, placing the lighting wires along the trench before filling them back in with dirt.
- Step 5: The final step involves connecting the system to the transformer and the light fixtures to the areas of the yard that require them. We will then test the system, make any adjustments, and leave you to enjoy your newly lit landscape.
Different Types Of Landscape Lighting For Colorado Springs
Outdoor lighting ultimately highlights your yard’s special features, but there are a few different types and options for you to choose from.
Here are eight lighting options that work great in the Colorado Springs area:
- Path Lights: Mounted in the ground to reflect light on pathways, planting beds, and steps.
- Wash Lights: Used on garden walls to fill unlit spaces with a soft, diffused light.
- Bullet Lights: Can highlight structures like trees or home accent features with a direct, narrow beam.
- Well Lights: Buried in the ground to illuminate foliage and architectural elements.
- Downlights: Directs light from a high vantage point to light up paths, foliage, and lawns.
- Rope Lights: Strings of lights mounted above entertaining areas like a hot tub, seating area, or gazebo.
- Uplights: A common lighting option that creates shadows on walls to enhance key focal points in the yard.
- Flood Lights: Wider and brighter than a bullet light and used to light up tall trees, shrubs, or expansive outdoor areas.